miércoles, 2 de enero de 2008

start the year by unthinking

(finally, an easy and likeable new yrs resolution)

my thoughts, theories, perspectives, opinions, informed guesses & co. are all based upon biased assumptions.
catch-all-ism, prejudism, partiality, misinformation, hurry-hurryism and cherry-picking--those are my sources.
my thoughts? their origins may be found in me, the zeitgeist, teachers, books, family, friends, society, culture, etc. the point is they're not the direct offspring of the truth.

that much I share with the deconstructionists. and yet, I still believe in common sense and its identity with the truth and rightfulness. and in their name I shall tear down the wall of indoctrination, generalization and universalism that has ruled my life for a long, long time (even if under different names). enough of basing my decisions upon theories, dogmas and traditions. from now on I will unthink the world as I was brought to understand it, and I will take my decisions on a case-by-case basis, with a pluriversal focus and in tune with common sense and my conscience.

I am very thankful to the theorists and historians I have learned from. I treasure my thoughts and experiences. and yet, I can't say that any of these lessons and simplifications have made me the least bit wiser than I was when I was a child and I didn't listen to any other than my conscience and common sense. on the whole contrary, these lessons and models had made me proud, self-absorbed, biased and opinionated. most probably I was not worth the lessons and theories; in that case, there won't be any problem in my unthinking them.

as for common sense, I'll have to demystify it as well. in some other occasion

No hay comentarios: